Re: [HCDX] African music on 17660 kHz

This has been covered in great detail in many recent issues of DX Listening
Digest, each of which is announced on this list. Briefly:

African nonstop music is from Gabon. Before 1400 UT it moves around to jam Sawt
al-Amal, clandestine against Libya. It continues on the air from 1400 to 1531
jamming nothing deliberately. Lately Saudi Arabia has moved their French
service onto 17660 despite the Afropop station. The latter concludes at 1600,
altho at that time Family Radio in Portuguese via Ascension starts up, and
Saudi goes into English underneath.  Glenn Hauser

--- Max BENARD <max.benard3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
> On March 1st from 13.20 to 16.00 UTC I heard a station with African non-stop
> music with words in French, African language and Creole. Reception was 35433
> until 14.50. Then Riyadh in French went on and both stations were mixed.
> Broadcast stopped at 16.00. No announcement. Has someone an idea?
> 73' from Max, Douai, France (Sony ICF SW 40)

Have a burning question?