Re: [HCDX] 9450khz

Re: 9450 noted today Apr 30 again. I came on the band around 0730 UT and
heard Arabic orchestra and singer continously til 08.31:15 UT. Then noted a
1000 Hertz whistle check tone for about 2 minutes, Now since 0833 UT the
program continues[0903 UT].

Most likely the Lybians are testing their new erected 2 SW transmitter
gear...  A similar test tone only procedure could be heard daily in about
1995 to 2000, when RIZ Zagreb(Siemens) delivered some txs to Libya.
Reconstruction in Dec 1995 showed an Arabic sce on 6155, 7120, 7245, 9655,
9700, 9705, 11770, 11785, 11815, 11865 then. in \\ to usual Tripolis 15235,
15345, 15415, and 15435.

> LIBYA   Maybe test transmissions from new tx site in Western Libya:
> additional carrier tests observed on 6155, 7120, 9655, 9705, 11770,
> 11785, and 11815 kHz, all from 0830-1100 UTC.
> (Paniview-BUL, Jan 10, 1997)

MW? SW? Satellite ?
> LIBYA   Al Assah transmitter station inaugurated. The Al Assah radio
> transmitting station was inaugurated on 28th Aug, Libya's Jana news
> agency reported that day. In addition to covering the western part
> of Libya, it will reach the countries of the Arab Maghreb Union and
> western Europe, Jana noted. The Al Assah transmission station cost
> an estimated 4.6m Libyan dinars and is the first of its kind in Libya
> to be equipped with highly advanced modern equipment and managed by
> qualified Libyan technicians, the agency said.
> (Al Assah is in north-west Libya, near the Tunisian border).
> (BBC_M via AGDX, Aug 28, 1996)

In the meantime I sent an e-mail to Tarek in Cairo to check the type of the
music.

73 wb