Re: [HCDX] BOGDAN

Hello !

In spite of the lack of any alerts on your web-site, there was some weak Es hanging on in Montreal during the past few hours. Here is my logs of unIDs (all heard on the car-radio between Pointe-Clerc and Pierrefonds):

89.9 1417 EDT: talkshow regarding unusual radio programs !! VERY strong, completly over The New Hot 89.9 (Ottawa) for about 2 minutes, then faded to never return !
89.9 1423 EDT: in and out for a few seconds with a weak-fair signal in MONO, playing a REAL LIFE song, similar to "Send Me An Angel" but with a slightly more emlancolic melodic theme ! Never above the "fair" strenght and quickly lost to Ottawa
90.7 1452 EDT: salsa weak with the STEREO pilot on and off !!! Cuba via a long-haul single-hop Es (1600 miles to Varadero) ? a Florida's multicultural non-educational broadcaster ? Weak on the car-radio, with CBOF Ottawa gone all thorugh the Ceres and Edward Higgins street, but on the Sangean CST 818 portable with a longer telescopic antenna, impossible to null out CBOF for hearing anything useful !!! Near Des Sources (Dollards-des-Ormeaux -> Montreal's West Island), a mess was heard on this channel consisting of at least 3 or 4 stations fading very quickly !

As far as this is concerned, since a severe Thunderstorm watch is going on for both Montreal and Ottawa, and during heavy rainfalls the amount of meteors entering the Earth's atmosphere is way much higher than usually, long (and impressive) MS bursts aren't too be excluded.

I don't know. I'm puzzled than the Band is said to be closed in the US and that nothing was coming through your unfortunatly empty of Es channel 2, dear Girard !

Let's hope something solid is coming soon !

May the good DX be with you !
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu (in Pierrefonds / Montreal)