[HCDX] Somali radio stations off air

Somali radio stations off air
06/06/2007 15:11  - (SA)
http://somalinet.com/news/world/Somalia/10927
Mogadishu - Somalia's transitional government on Wednesday ordered
three local private radio stations to stop broadcasting from the country's
capital.

Mogadishu-based stations Shabelle Radio, Radio HornAfrik and the
Voice of the Koran radio stopped broadcasting early on Wednesday
afternoon, an AFP correspondent said.

"We have been ordered to close the radio station and we don't know
why so far," Mohamed Amin, director of Shabelle, told AFP.

"I have called some government officials to ask them why the radio
stations have to close but they said we could discuss the issue later,"
he added.

Government officials were not immediately available for comment but
have in the past complained of pro-Islamist bias in the outlets'
reporting.

The Somali government in January banned the same three Mogadishu
broadcasters as well as Qatar-based Al-Jazeera satellite television
network for 24-hours following the ousting of an Islamist movement by
Ethiopia-backed Somali troops at the start of the year.

Somali officials are attempting to organise a national reconciliation
conference to start on June 14, despite an increasing Islamist-led
insurgency, including suicide car bomb and landmine attacks on
prominent targets in Mogadishu.

http://zlgr.multiply.com (raidio monitoring site plus audio clips )
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/302315/ (Litohoro) 321199/Tinos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr    pictures upload
.
on my main : www.geocities.com/zliangas
-tty-px.html : test of various TTY programs
-ethics.htm    : greek ethics , days and institutions
-frape.htm: the greek way of cofee !!!
Zacharias Liangas , Thessaloniki Greece
greekdx @ otenet dot gr  ---
Pesawat penerima: ICOM R75 , Lowe HF150 , Degen 1102,1103,108,
Tecsun PL200/550, Chibo c300/c979, Yupi 7000
Antenna: 16m hor, 2x16 m V invert, 1m australian loop