[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs May 29-31

** ALBANIA. R. Tirana, 13720, May 30 at 2024, G signal with talk on Albanian
language, penultimate stress; hum, to 2028* 13750, May 31 at *1300, fair,
fading in and out during schedule announcement still giving 6115 instead of
6120 at 0145, but the rest of it seems correct in UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CANADA [and non]. Awake May 31 at 0610, so checked 7335. WHRI was still atop
CHU with a SAH of about 4 Hz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC, 15370, May 31 at 1342 had usual strong signal, but modulation
suppressed to low level, as if stereo leads were out of phase; this did not
keep it from splattering to each side with stronger audio than center frequency
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Afropop music distraxion, 17660 was coming in better than usual, one
of the strongest signals on band, with little from NAm, not even WYFR, and
nothing from Europe, May 29 at 1406 check; Africa Numéro Un was almost as good
on 17630 in French. So I looked for the ANU harmonic on 19160, but not there,
unless a trace of a carrier was it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. May 30 at 2035 check, I could barely detect a carrier on 19160, S6
plus a bit o` music audio, surely Africa Numéro Un harmonic from 9580. Bears
frequent checking, and surprisingly late into the local evening when it often
peaks as heard here at this hour or even later (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. May 29 at 1400, Russian on 15420. At first I thought it must
be WRNO, back at last (ha, ha), but it was DW as scheduled now via Rampisham.
Strange thing is, per HFCC, BBC is also still scheduled at same hour via
Seychelles, but unheard. DW was // 15700, also listed as Rampisham, but how
come 15420 was running about two seconds behind 15700? The latter also had a
SAH at first, probably Bulgaria late turning off Plovdiv (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** MOROCCO [and non]. RTM may have been on 15340 the day before, but May 31 at
2100 UT check, the usual slow SAH was on 15345 between this and Spain, the
latter with its accurate timesignal, and nothing on 15340; nor could I hear any
sign of RAE 15344v at this time either (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. KVOH, 17775, again putting out strong spurs, May 30 at 2030 on
17631.5, distorted, and peaks in modulation cause a dip in S-meter reading, //
17918.5, i.e. plus and minus 143.5 kHz. 2032 `Desencadenados``, the Spanish
version of ``Unshackled`` from Pacific Garden Mission, Chicago. 17775 was
steady at S9 + 16 while the spurs peaked at S9 + 10 dB. On previous occasions
there were further spurs at double the distance, but nothing audible now on
17488 or 18062, as the fundamental itself was not at the overpowering level it
sometimes reaches. No doubt after 2100, 17631.5 caused the usual awful QRM to
France in Spanish via Guiana French on 17630 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA. On May 30, 1968, in Enid, OK, I picked up RCTV, the station just
closed down by the Chavez government. This was my first and only double-hop
sporadic-E catch and the only one from South America. IIRC, they had channel 2
in both Maracaibo and Caracas, so could not be positive which one I got.
I`ve now added a 27th item, this historic document, to my small gallery of QSLs
(the rest being antique shortwave ones), at http://worldofradio.com/QSL.html
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)