Re: [Swprograms] DX Listening Digest 13-02; World of Radio 1651

Re: [Swprograms] DX Listening Digest 13-02; World of Radio 1651

Hi Glenn,
Didn't mean to startle readers here or DXLD Yahoo! group members with my report on CBR 1010 Calgary being out of commission. CBR has been off for maintenance a lot lately. They've just moved from prime real estate inside Calgary to a new piece of land around Chestermere, a few km due east of the city. Since the change, they've had a breakdown of their main transmitter and have been running at half power (or less) using a backup TX, often going off the air completely at night. I don't think they're leaving AM anytime soon: The outlay required to replace its AM coverage with FM repeaters was deemed inefficient in terms of cost and spectrum. (At least that's what the CBC argued at the time of its applications for a nested FM Radio One transmitter for urban Calgary.)
73,
Ricky Leong
Calgary

--