Re: [Swprograms] BBC to axe further 73 World Se... (independent.co.uk)

Re: [Swprograms] BBC to axe further 73 World Se... (independent.co.uk)

You have to wonder if there's going to be anything left of the British
government in a few years.

"Your World" is simply a renaming of one of the weekly documentary
series - which had previously been cut from three concurrent series to
two last year.  Now it would appear there's just one.

"The Bottom Line" also airs on BBC Radio 4 -- in the past, the World
Service cut their airing of programs that continued on Radio 4 - such
as "Crossing Continents".  Interesting to see if The Bottom Line
continues there.

Swapping out "World Briefing" for "Newsroom" seems to be a wash...they
dropped the similarly titled "World Today" for "Newsday" a few months
ago.

I rarely listened to "The Strand" so I can't speak to its loss.

Perhaps it's the "World" in the title that's the problem.  If
so...does that mean the service will get a new name, such as the "BBC
News Service"?

After all, that's sort of what it's increasingly become...

Richard in Allentown, PA