[Swprograms] College Freshmen and Radio

So I come across this fluff news piece regarding the collegiate Class
of 2016 as they begin their freshman year, and I found this one
statement somewhat telling:

"Digital everything has always been a part of their lives -- be it
music, movies or e-books.  Having grown up with MP3s and iPods, they
seldom listen to music on the car radio and pretty much have no use
for radio at all."

So is it any wonder why broadcasters seeking younger audiences are
eschewing good ol' radio, let alone shortwave??

http://www.wfmz.com/lifestyle/List-charts-today-s-college-freshman-culture/-/121514/16206996/-/jbak4yz/-/index.html

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA