From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Say
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:09 PM
To: swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Swprograms] Another SW Radio closure, the iconic studios of....

		GMT Thursday 11 (Maybe 12?)

----- Forwarded message from say@xxxxxx -----
Subject: Critical Distance Weblog: Countdown to the Big Bush Bulletin on
BBC
	World Service

5]Critical Distance Weblog

   Playing Devil's Advocate in the Orchestra of Change!

Monday, July 09, 2012

Countdown to the Big Bush Bulletin on BBC World Service

                           [7][13-DSC03344.JPG]
                           Bush House Entrance...

   [8][02-DSC02825.JPG]
   Ceilings are spectacular. Lousy carpets though!

   If some of last week's programmes on BBC World Service are anything to
   go by, many staff are moving out of Bush House with a heavy heart. It's
   been the heart of international storytelling since 1941 - if only those
   walls could speak. I note that my previous articles about the place
   have been well received.
   [9][iain+purdon.jpg]
   Iain Purdon - on air and on Twitter
   Twitter, in the form of BBC World Service newsreader [10]Mike Cooper,
   tells me the last news bulletin in English will be read from Bush House
   at 11 hrs GMT (that's midday in the UK, 13 hrs here in Amsterdam) on
   Thursday 12th July from the larger studio S39. Newsreader [11]Iain
   Purdon will have the honours.
   I hope they will film the last news bulletin in HD for posterity. In
   case you didn't know, there is already a really [12]beautiful HD video
   sequence by Thomas Hannen and Owain Rich, using quotes from an earlier
   documentary on Bush House presented by former MD, John Tusa. I
   especially like the room at the end where they filmed all the old
   studio and newsroom clocks that have been taken down.
   The problem is that this great video is buried on the BBC World Service
   website - good luck finding it if you don't know it's there. It's also
   rather weird that it is preceded by a commercial when viewed outside
   the UK. The HP ad doesn't fit the context.

                         [13][bush+house+video.jpg]
         Great Bush House Video Tribute, once you get past the HP ad

                       [14][clocks+in+Bush+House.jpg]
                     Time Flies - What a beautiful shot!

   Posted by Jonathan Marks at [15]Monday, July 09, 2012
shown above.