[Swprograms] Calender of mostly SW Specials, Farewells, update2 June 28

[Swprograms] Calender of mostly SW Specials, Farewells, update2 June 28

CALENDAR OF mostly SW SPECIALS, FAREWELLS

Dates, days and times are strictly UT

This post contains update info only plus imminent RNW reminders
See full calendar at http://www.w4uvh.net/calendar.html

UPDATE SUMMARY since last edition:

The missing Final Maple Leaf Mailbag is now online. More info about the Last Show from RNW; link to schedule of more specials not on SW; Spanish details. Radio Nord Revival starts Friday night. Special schedule of Hamburger Lokalradio June 30 including WORLD OF RADIO; MV Baltic Radio and Radio Gloria International on July 1

SUNDAY JUNE 24

MAPLE LEAF Mailbag - June 24, 2012

Dear Friends, I am distraught that the final edition of the MLMB did not go out properly this past weekend because of technical glitches. The show can be heard on line by clicking on the search button on the RCI website and writing in "Maple Leaf Mailbag." Then hit "programs" and click "listen." My apologies that we could not spend our final hour together as planned. Once again, I thank you all for your undying love, support, insight, graciousness and generosity. You are wonderful and magical. I shall never forget you. Be well, everyone. Au Revoir and peace! Terry Haig

http://www.rcinet.ca/english/archives/program/the-maple-leaf-mailbag/home/

Axually you can play it from this page (via Glenn Hauser, DXLD)

FRIDAY JUNE 29

0200-0400 PCJ Radio Special farewell to RNW, on WRMI 9955
For more details visit http://www.pcjmedia.com

Keith Perron on Facebook: Some of the voices you will hear include Jerry Cowan, Nevil Grey and John van den Steen plus many others. We will take a listen to some moments from RNW from the late 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. This includes a visit to the original Radio Netherlands building and more.

An additional frequency from secret location (until announced on the broadcast) is to be used, and publicized ``a few days in advance`` but had still not been revealed as of 2245 UT June 28.

A bit cheeky to schedule this at the same time as RN`s own Last Show! Keith agrees
Well, we may wind up listening to one or both online instead of SW, sigh

UPDATE: last week we had the impression that Tom Meijer was going to be on the June 29 Spanish despedida, but he has already appeared on the penultimate 20-minute Cartas @ RN show of June 17:
http://www.rnw.nl/espanol/radioshow/cartasrn-en-v%C3%ADsperas-del-%C3%BAltimo-programa
This page continues to say that the finale will be live at 1330 UT Friday, rather than 1400

1400-1457 RNW`s Last Show special to Asia, 9800-Sri Lanka
1800-1957 RNW`s Last Show special to Africa, 17605-Vatican [audible in NAm]
1859-2057 RNW`s Last Show Special to Eu 6065
1900-2057 RNW`s Last Show Special to Af 7425-Madagascar
1900-2057 RNW`s Last Show Special to Af 11615-France
1900-2057 RNW`s Last Show Special to Af 15495-Vatican [maybe audible in NAm]. 2057 UT is really The End, for English

Programme schedule for RNW's Final Day of English Service tomorrow Friday 29th June [starting 0000 UT] now on their website:

The programme schedule for Friday 29 June has been published. A special Farewell and Thank You programme will go out on every shortwave transmission and World Radio Network [WRN] relay. In the remaining hours, when we are available via satellite and webstream, we are rebroadcasting many old documentaries, feature programmes and music shows.

The full details are on this week's radio schedule page.
http://www.rnw.nl/english/radioshow/whats-week-latest-rnw-programme-schedule
from (http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/were-changing)

First airing of "Farewell and Thank you" is at 0200 UT (UT Friday but still Thurs in target area N America) on 6165 and Satellite and online. Last airing of "Farewell and Thank you" is at 2000-2057 UT (Friday) on 7425 C+S Africa, 11615 W Africa, 15495 W Africa +6065 Europe plus Satellite and on-line. With such a wealth of programmes starting at 0000 UT tonight, I wish is was possible to listen to them all :-( (Alan Pennington, BDXC-UK yg via DXLD)

RADIO NORD REVIVAL STARTS FRIDAY NIGHT: still no specific times; see June 30

Re Ronny Forslund on Facebook tonight:

"Radio Nord Revival is now running on 88.6 MHz from Sala [Sweden] with 2 kW. Happy to hear from you and tell you how we can be heard. Medium wave and short wave will begin Friday night. Frequencies to monitor: 603, 5895, 6065 kHz." (Translated by Bing)

And when reminded about Radio Netherlands using 6065 kHz until 2057 UTC tomorrow with their farewell programme he replied: "Yes, we will naturally avoid to interfere with them so we will be using 5895 kHz when they are on...." (Alan Pennington bdxcuk yg June 28 via DXLD)

SATURDAY JUNE 30

0000-0057 & 0100-0157, RNW Spanish Farewell program [that`s what they say, unlike English which will end the previous night. Also check UT Friday June 29 in case that is correct date for Spanish too], 6165- Bonaire.

HH Lokalradio, MV Baltic Radio and Radio Gloria this weekend:

Saturday, 30th of June
0500-1000 UT, Hamburger Lokalradio on 7265 KHz:
0500 Radio Tropical in Portuguese and Spanish
0600 Literature program in English
0630 WORLD OF RADIO 1623 special time
0700 Radio Nostalgie
0800 Literature program in German
0900 Science Forum in German
1000 Literature features German and/or English?
(Tom Taylor, DXLD)

SUNDAY JULY 1

0900-1000 MV Baltic Radio on 6140 KHz (100 KW via Issoudun) Details:
0900 Music and Information from North- East- Germany
0930 Music special "Eine kleine Beatmusik - 50 years Rolling Stones
MV Baltic Radio stops temporarily for technical reasons the transmissions on 9480 KHz

1000-1200 Radio Gloria International on 7265
(Repeat broadcast from last weekend)
(Tom Taylor, June 28, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This calendar will be updated and reissued as needed
Latest edition: http://www.w4uvh.net/calendar.html
WORLD OF RADIO: http://www.worldofradio.com
DX LISTENING DIGEST: http://www.worldofradio.com/dxldmid.html
(Glenn Hauser, 2335 UT June 28, DX LISTENING DIGEST)