[Swprograms] Voice of Turkey English programs

[Swprograms] Voice of Turkey English programs

** TURKEY. Glenn, I got this a few days ago and I thought I would share it with you. I`ve always enjoyed Voice of Turkey, but recently I can`t hear it. I don`t know if it is weather, sunspots, etc., or if they have redirected or weakened their signal.

On Mondays, I note the `Harem` program. If this is a repeat of the `Harem` program I heard a few years ago, I highly recommend it – even if you have to listen on the internet. It`s very fascinating, particularly the role of the Sultan`s mother – very evil. All the best, (Kent D Murphy, New Martinsville WV, Feb 22, forwarding the VOT schedule folder, and a pocket calendar, via DXLD)

The NAm services at 2300 and 0400 have both been reported as undermodulated, and 5960 at 2300 also has ACI from the DCJC on 5955. 9655 at 0400 may or may not be above the MUF, but should be improving on average in March.

Old habits die hard: The new 1 Jan to 1 July 2011 schedule has two pages of ``Daily Programme Schedules``, for I.Term, and II.Term, presumably meaning Jan-Mar and Apr-Jun --- but now they are identical, as I compared them line by line. That`s because there are no longer any `Live from Turkey` call-ins preempting different programs on different days of the week!

Yet in the past there have been one or two changes in feature programs from one quarter to the next, but not now:

DAILY
News, Review of the Turkish Press, and then:

MONDAY
Atatürk: Re-birth of a Nation
Harem / Food of the Court [`/` meaning alternate weeks]

TUESDAY
Turkish People for Beginners* [sic, not language lesson; see Sunday]
This World is Ours

WEDNESDAY
Review of the Foreign Media
Letter-box

THURSDAY
Middle-East through the Eyes of Turkey
Agenda

FRIDAY
The Balkan Agenda
The Turkish Album

SATURDAY
DX Corner / Turkish Customs and Traditions [alternating]
Turkish Pop Music from Past to Present

SUNDAY
Let`s Learn Turkish
Turkish Folk Music

*The folder says a little about the new programme, Turkish People for Beginners --- ``Will get you acquainted with the living styles, perceptions, reactions, living quarters, traditions, linguistic richnesses and hopes of the people living in Turkey.`` [including Kurds, Armenians??]

``Turkish Album continues delving into the social, cultural, economic and scientific aspects of Turkey and Turks in 2011.``

Feature article in fanfolder this semester is ``The Meeting Point of Religions: Turkey``, which I am not going to retype, unlike the above.

English schedule:
1330 12035 11735
1930 6050
2130 9610
2300 5960
0400 9655 7240 [repeat of previous UT day in above listings]

Live streaming:
http://www.trt.net.tr/Canli/canli.aspx?kanal=RDVOT
On demand, one day at a time, usually, lower left corner of:
http://www.trt-world.com/trtworld/en/news.aspx
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)