From: Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Internetradio] [Swprograms] [dxld] Defunding public broadcasting
To: "Shortwave programming discussion" <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Internet radio discussion" <internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, February 13, 2011, 2:44 AM

Many public stations have edited their websites to mention this.

There have been threats before, I believe Newt Gingrich led the last
unsuccessful defunding attempt in the second half of President
Clinton's first term.

Speaking as a fan of Public Radio (and a longtime member of WHYY in
Philadelphia) I am also hopeful this effort will see a similar fate,
since, given the variety of the USA's public radio segment now broadly
enjoyable via the Internet, Public Radio remains an important
component of my own listening.  I have already contacted my
congressman's office.

I would also suggest personalizing any message or communication,
stating how important the public radio station in *your* district is.
Positioning your member of Congress as an enemy of station XXXX, I
believe, helps to bring the threat to a very visible local level.

Richard C

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com

Need Mail bonding?