Re: [Swprograms] BBC DG interviewed on On The Media

Re: [Swprograms] BBC DG interviewed on On The Media

How will cuts affect the impact of BBCWS?

Peter Horrocks, Director of BBC Global News, warned about the impact
of cuts on the World Service as he delivered the Commonwealth
Broadcasting Association (CBA) lecture in London on Monday. The full
text of his speech is available on the CBA website.
http://www.cba.org.uk/conferences_and_events/speeches/101011_PHorrocks.php
(Oct 13, 2010 - 1017 UT by Andy Sennitt, Media Network blog via DXLD)

An hour with Mark Thompson, Director-General and Editor-In-Chief of
the BBC [video and audio]:
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11232
(Charlie Rose, PBS, Oct 7 via DXLD) Really 54 minutes. It was mostly
about TV; I don`t think SW was ever mentioned, maybe BBCWS radio (gh)