[Swprograms] Hmm... guess we are a desired demographic group after all

[Swprograms] Hmm... guess we are a desired demographic group after all

The following is from http://textpattern.kurthanson.com/  :

“SIRIUS TOUTS ARBITRON STUDY ON AUDIENCE SIZE, DEMOS

Sirius XM Radio says an new Arbitron study of satellite radio subscribers shows the satcaster has more than 35 million adult listeners, and that 32 million of them tune in at least weekly. Sirius XM says the study shows its non-music listenership “scores much higher on key demographic criteria [such as education, household income, and willingness to tolerate commercials] compared to the general population and AM/FM radio listeners.” The study focused solely on Sirius XM’s news, talk, entertainment, sports, and other commercial programming channels. The Arbitron study found that listeners spent more than seven hours a week listening to these commercial channels on Sirius XM.”

So it seems that the non-music programming (which includes news and talk channels such as the CBC, and NPR.

--
-Rob de Santos
Columbus, OH