From: <wrn-english-newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Subject: WRN Special Announcement
To: wrn-english-newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WRN English Newsletter

Dear Listener,

Next week, Radio Guangdong will be celebrating the Peoples’ Republic of China’s 60th anniversary. This special newsletter is to draw your attention to this upcoming event and the plans we have in store for our listeners throughout the world.

For many years the English service of Radio Guangdong, in collaboration with WRN, has been bringing news and views from this Southern Chinese province to our worldwide audience. The colourful shows features various film stars and celebrities from the region as well as people from outside of China who have decided to make Guangzhou their new home.

To highlight the 60th anniversary, WRN will be broadcasting a variety of special mini feature programmes from Radio Guangdong throughout the week of September 26th – October 3rd. These shows will bring you even more of the Cantonese sounds and flavours and will no doubt leave you wanting to know more about this very special place.

Catch an opportunity to win an iPod nano and other great prizes during Guangdong week on WRN!

Send an e-mail to rg@xxxxxxx and tell us where you live and what you think about “Guangdong Today”.

The broadcast times of “Guangdong Today”:

On WRN English for Europe:

Saturday 1800 European time / 1700 in Britain and Ireland

Saturday 2145 European time / 2045 in Britain and Ireland

On WRN to North America:

Saturday 1200 Eastern / 0900 Pacific time

Sunday 2030 Eastern / 1730 Pacific time

On WRN to Africa and Asia Pacific:

Saturday 0015 Universal time / 1115 AEDT

Saturday 1600 Universal time / 0200 AEDT

Saturday 2045 Universal time / 0645 AEDT

Sunday 0800 Universal time / 1900 AEDT

Click Here to edit your subscription.

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com