Re: [Swprograms] OT: Future of Digital Radio

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Future of Digital Radio

An interesting article, thanks for drawing attention to it.

The core problem they are addressing is how to make Internet radio usable to the mainstream listener.

From a volume manufacturer's perspective (as against a badge engineering company), being locked into another directory provider (such as Reciva) is limiting and runs the risk that the reputation of your product and brand is linked to this third party service.

Also Reciva, while being very usable for the technically literate fails the "can my elderly mother use it" test. My mother has a DAB radio made by Pure which she likes because it's so easy to use, if they can get a user interface to internet radio that is as simple to use as the DAB set they will have enabled internet radio to go mainstream.

All my mother would then require is broadband !

Mark Hawkins.
London, UK