[Swprograms] Hello From New Subscriber

First I hope that I have sent this to the right place as the welcome e-mail had several sites referenced for various purposes.
My name is Steve Cross and I currently live in Midwest City, Oklahoma. I grew up in the Army and have lived all over the world. Growing up the way I did, from Europe to Asia, radio was and still is a big part of my life. My first exposure to SW was pushing the pre-set buttons on a great big Telefunken Console Radio we bought while in Germany in the early 50's. This was a real piece of furniture complete with a turntable, record storage cupboard and drinks cabinet all in one unit. The sound of that tube driven monoraul system was fantastic. The tuner face had all these fascinating city and country names and you could go right to that country (if Dad had done the pre-setting). I'm still listening but now I do my own pre-setting on a nice Eton 1 radio. (Like most SWL'ers, I have several radio's, but this one is my everyday radio right now.)
In between the two radios, Uncle Sam decided he wanted me for a few years, then I spent 15 years as a teacher, both High School and College. Then 12 years as an engineer in the automotive industry. Now I am more or less retired. Work when I want to and don't if I don't want to. I spend time mainly taking care of my disabled wife as well as reading, fishing, making my own radio equipment--where feasible, experimenting with antennas and a few other things. There is a SW radio in every room of the house and I don't go anywhere without one. I even regularly carry an Eton 100 with me on car trips complete with a portable antenna. I even put a jack on the bottom of my car dash board so that I can use the car antenna with the little Eton while I am waiting on my wife at the doctor.
I listen to SW for two primary reasons. News and information is my primary reason for listening. It never ceases to amaze me how different the same news story can sound from the BBC, VOA, VOR, RHC, AIR, RNL as opposed to NBC or CNN. My second reason is--it's fun, and has been for over 50 years.
I hope this has not droned on too long as I could talk radio for hours.
Thanks for reading.
Steve Cross