Re: [Swprograms] HD Radio -- NY Times

David Pogue always does a very good job of deconstructing technology
into understandable, relevant pieces.

A couple key points in the article:

"To get a wider sampling [of experiences with HD], I asked my 100,000
Twitter followers if they’d tried HD radio. Sixteen people responded."

and:

"That explains the five Twitter pals who independently mentioned that
they listen to Internet radio more than HD radio these days,
especially on the iPhone. It may not sound as good, but wow, what
programming — radio stations from all over the world, all available
free."

I've posted a comment (the first) to the article...pointing out the 5
fundamental flaws that I see in how HD Radio has been developed.  Once
the content is approved I expect you'll see it on the NYT website.

Richard Cuff, skeptical in Allentown, PA