[Swprograms] Dick Speekman, former host of DX Jukebox, R.I.P.

[Swprograms] Dick Speekman, former host of DX Jukebox, R.I.P.

Via Andy Sennitt, Media Network:

The news has just reached me that Dick Speekman, a former host of DX Jukebox on Radio Nederland in the 1970s, and of Radio Australia’s programme Spectrum in the 1980s, died peacefully yesterday, 11 March 2009 in the Hawker Hospital, South Australia. He had been suffering form colon cancer.  His funeral will be held at the Hawker cemetery Thursday next, 19th March 2009 at 11:00 a.m.

Full item and link to recording of his last DX Jukebox programme:
http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/dick-speekman-former-host-of-dx-jukebox-rip