[Swprograms] France. Germany, New Zealand program tips

[Swprograms] France. Germany, New Zealand program tips

** FRANCE. RFI English is still on SW, 15605, Sat Jan 31 at 1619 with story about starting a local radio station in Tanzania, with UNESCO help; American-accented narratrice Susan --- referred to it as a ``50-kHz transmitter``; I assume she meant 50-watt! Segment was Africa Media, and at 1622 onward to The Week in France, which started with Gaza. 1627 sports. 1630 ID plus Paris 1730 timecheck, and headlines including new president in Somalia, Madagascar, Iraq, Aussie Open. 1631 Network Europe, which saves RFI from having to produce a full hour of programming itself; sufficient reception tho aimed 170 degrees from Issoudun across Africa. This is about as close as we get to a North American service from RFI, which of course is not close at all, but enough of that 500 kW wanders over here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. The avant-garde music show on DW`s Russian service, Muzprosvet, has not yet been cancelled. Glad to hear it again Sat Jan 31 at 1530 on 11720, 76 degrees via Rampisham, but sufficient reception here, with wide variety of quasi-musical sounds from didgeridoo, trumpet, jewsharp, voices, etc. Lasted until 1559:30 but at 1558:30 a 3 Hz SAH started on the frequency, which turned out to be Radio Free Asia in Uighur as introduced in English at 1600. That`s via Tinian, and Aoki says jammed, but no jamming audible.

I had tried several times without success to find a podcast of Muzprosvet on DW`s complicated and unfriendly website. Here`s the program`s page:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,268970,00.html

Afterwards, this time I found it in the third category on the long list of DW Russian podcasts at
http://www.dw3d.de/dw/0,2142,4356,00.html
the exact link to this show audio being:
http://www.dw3d.de/popups/popup_multi_mediaplayer/0,,3736368_type_audio_struct_4356_format_WMedia,00.html
So I listened to it again with `perfect reception` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY. Besides Muzprosvet in DW`s Russian service, there is another excellent music semi-hour in the English service, but which hardly appears on SW any more, covering many genres from week to week, tho not so avant-garde as the Russian one: A World of Music.

Here`s the DW audio archive including this show, which on Feb 1 was about the recorder, and its applications both in jazz and classical:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,2142,4703,00.html

And here is the direct link to the audio:
http://www.dw-world.de/popups/popup_multi_mediaplayer/0,,2425457_type_audio_struct_4703_format_WMedia,00.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. Sounds Historical, excellent 2-hour show from National Radio via RNZI, just starting at 0706 UT Sunday Feb 1 as I tuned in 9765. ``The way we were``, topics to include Hawkes Bay earthquake, racial confrontation in the XIX century, foundation of Nelson colony on Feb 1. This was the final ``summer special holiday edition``, which I guess means repeats.

I had thought this started at 0808, for less than one hour only, silly me, for believing the schedule at http://www.rnzi.com/pages/schedules.php

It`s currently on the advanced summer-time sked, which means on N.R., S.H. is at 0700+ until 0900 UT, but the RNZI sked shows generic N.R. during the 0700 UT Sunday hour. DST of UT +13 lasts until April 6 this year; then it should revert to 0808-1000 UT, whatever frequency RNZI may be on by then.

Here`s the show`s home page, currently featuring the latest programme, but audio is available back 8 weeks, with all the music removed for copyright reasons, in 20+ minute segments:
http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/soundshistorical
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)