[Swprograms] Trans-Dniester (home of Radio PMR) article in the NY Times

[Swprograms] Trans-Dniester (home of Radio PMR) article in the NY Times

See http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2008/12/29/world/AP-EU-FEA-Ex-Soviet-Fantasy-Land.html?_r=1

and also http://www.tiraspoltimes.com/news/radio_pmr_expands_its_intl_broadcast_schedule.html
(not a recent article)

The NY Times article doesn't mention Radio PMR, but that broadcast
does indeed originate in Trans-Dniester, or however you spell the
place.

You may find it interesting background while you're listening to Radio
PMR, which comes in gangbusters several times per day here in Eastern
PA.

Nothing against Radio PMR, but it's a shame that we can get Radio PMR
in rocking chair quality via shortwave, while we can't listen to the
BBC World Service, DW, the VOA, or Radio Netherlands that way.

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com