Re: [Swprograms] OT Jean Shepherd

There's a smattering of stuff here:

On Dec 27, 2008, at 1:16 AM, Eric Floden wrote:

I am reading a fine book about radio* and have become curious about Jean Shepherd.  I would love to hear some of his overnight shows but my limited searchin has come up empty.  Any ideas on where to find some of his old stuff?

thanks

ef

* it's mostly limited to US radio, and covers such topics as Imus, Elvis, WDIA, Jon Millar, Bob and Ray, Rock and Roll . . .

Something in the air : radio, rock, and the revolution that shaped a generation / Marc Fisher.
by Fisher, Marc.
View full image
New York : Random House, c2007.
Call #: 791.44 F53s
Subjects
  • Radio broadcasting -- United States -- History.
  • URLhttp://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0713/2006047353-d.html
    URLhttp://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0713/2006047353-b.html
    Web Access to::
    Publisher description
    Contributor biographical information
    Edition:
    1st ed.
    xviii, 374 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
    Bibliography:
    Includes bibliographical references (p. [329]-338) and index.
    ISBN:
    0375509070
    9780375509070
    LCCN:
    2006047353
    Contents:
    The magic of radio -- Survivor -- Omaha morning -- Harlematinee -- The transistor under the pillow -- Booze, broads, bribes, Beatles -- Rebel -- Night people -- The jingle-jangle morning -- No static at all -- Playing the numbers -- Niche player -- Shock and awe -- Scattering seeds -- Full of sound and fury -- Back to the future -- Magic.