From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:39 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] New XM Channel Lineup

That is correct.  BBC Radio 1 on Sirius and XM carries the same schedule
on a five hour delay.

However, there is cause for alarm.  It appears that XM's BBCWS is now
identical to the PRI feed carried by BBCWS on Sirius.  Therefore, the
Americas stream--which carries a wider variety of programs than the PRI
stream--apparently can no longer be heard anywhere (!?) in North
America.  I'm going to try and get confirmation on this from the BBC.
If this isn't a mistake, it's a significant loss IMHO.

John Figliozzi

---- Richard Cuff <rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I recall, Sirius - which has carried Radio One for quite a while,
> carries Radio One on a five-hour delay.  So someone listening at 9 AM
> ET would hear the same material as aired domestically at 5 AM GMT (or
> BST, as appropriate).
>
> My guess is that it's the same service.
>
> Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA
>
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Joe Buch <josephbuch@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > The new XM Channel lineup is out.  The web site says old channel
presets will automatically map over to the new equivalent channel.  They
have added a music service called BBC Radio One.  I ahve not listened
yet so do not know if this is the real BBC Radio One or just a music
service that plays the same kind of trash.

URL shown above.

URL shown above.