From: Podcasting <digest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:09 AM
Subject: Podcasting Newsletter: Week of October 27, 2008
To: richard@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Richard! This is your CBC.ca update. If you are having trouble
viewing this email please click here.
Published weekly on Wednesdays
October 29th Edition

New Podcast:
Learning English with CBC Manitoba

This podcast, provides weekly English as an Additional Language (EAL)
lessons based on Manitoba's Information Radio. These lessons give
English learners the chance to improve their language skills while
learning more about Manitoba's culture and people.

The Learning English with CBC Manitoba podcast debuted on Thursday,
October 9th. A new podcast episode will be released every Thursday.

Episode One

Second Generation Immigrants

This week we meet a family from Steinbach to find out just what it is
that drives the daughters of immigrant parents to achieve. Download
this podcast and then visit cbc.ca/manitoba/eal for listening, reading
and writing exercises.

Episode Two

Living in Rental Housing

This week's lesson takes us to Winnipeg's West Broadway area, where
many people live in rental housing. Some buildings are owned by
Manitoba Housing, others are owned by private landlords. How can
landlords and tenants work together to improve the safety and
appearance of the neighbourhood? Visit www.cbc.ca/manitoba/eal for
reading and writing exercises to go with this podcast.

 RSS: http://www.cbc.ca/podcasting/includes/ealmanitoba.xml
 Subscribe in iTunes

Visit CBC Manitoba's EAL site.

Download a series:

The Super Committed

>From The Current

With Anna Maria Tremonti

During the election season, we asked you to out the most committed
political junkies in your life. We've called them "The Super
Committed"  - the ones who have stories to tell about why this past
election meant a lot to them. Many of our listeners wrote in with
their recommendations. And we selected a few of them.

You can now listen to interviews with The Super Committed with our
on-demand audio streams or by downloading the five mp3's.

Check out The Current's feature page for The Super Committed. You can
download the segments while you're there!

The CBC Radio 3 Podcast:
Podcast #178 - Sweatin' to the Indies #3

Attention all unwanted flab! You are now under attack by the return of
Sweatin' to the Indies, the world's only all-Canadian, all-independent
workout podcast, our most popular podcast of the year!

We've compiled many of your requests into one massive hour-plus
workout mixtape to help you discover your abs! We'll play fat-burnin'
tunes from only the hottest Canadian artists such as Crystal Castles,
Joel Plaskett, Tegan and Sara, Matt ! Mays, and many more.

We'll also get workout words of wisdom from such fitness-minded
Canadian musicians as Cadence Weapon and Nardwuar the Human Serviette.
Our expert fitness advice this edition comes courtesy of Maylee Todd,
Toronto's #1 hipster fitness advisor and the top instructor at the
weekly Sweatshop Hop in Toronto.

So c'mon Canada! LET'S SWEAT!

Head to the CBC Radio 3 Blog to download Podcast #178.

Know someone who would be interested in this newsletter? Forward it along!

If you've received this newsletter as a forward from a friend, you can
subscribe to it via the CBC Member Centre. Just sign up, sign in and
look for "CBC What's On" in the Email Subscriptions section.

As always, thanks for listening!

You received this email at richard@xxxxxxxxxxx because you opted-in.

If you want to unsubscribe from this email, log in to the CBC Member
Centre where you can update your email subscriptions.

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 500, Station "A"
Toronto, Ontario M5W 1E6

For all other questions and inquiries, contact us at www.cbc.ca/contact

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com