Re: [Swprograms] More on PBS World Focus

Re: [Swprograms] More on PBS World Focus

It is interesting that KCET is perceived by Wisconsin Public TV as less reliable than WLIW when they were syndicating the BBC World news.  Staleness of the WLIW product was a reason given by BBC in their decision to switch to KCET.

When Maryland Public TV was airing the WLIW product at 1730 local time it was 2 1/2 hours after the original UK feed.  Live remotes had a bug in the corner that showed the local time the reporter was airing his live report.  That allows me to see how old the program is when I see it.

Now that KCET is sybdicating BBC World News for PBS stations, MPT is still airing it at 1730 but the original feed is only 1 1/2 hours old.  KCET has improved the staleness factor by a full hour and the show now appears in high-definition format.  I am very happy with the change to KCET.

Joe Buch