Re: [Swprograms] Radio Taiwan International - closing some frequencies, adding new webcast-only offerings

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Taiwan International - closing some frequencies, adding new webcast-only offerings

Sorry for leaving off the subject line in previous message.  Here we are
again....

Richard Cuff wrote:

<<As of the B-08 season, three of the five frequency-hours RTI
broadcasts to North and South America are disappearing.

The remaining broadcasts:  0200-0300 9680 kHz, 0300-0400 5950 kHz>>

[snipped]

<<Thanks to Alokesh Gupta via the ODXA group for the notice regarding
the frequencies.

See http://english.rti.org.tw/default.aspx for details.>>

Hmmm...   Alokesh posted this to the HardCore DX list:

>>Radio Taiwan International English Service - Frequency cancellations

Starting November 1st, 2008 following frequencies will be cancelled.
1) from 0200 to 0300 UTC on 9680 KHz to North America
2) from 0700 to 0800 UTC on 5950 KHz to North America
3) from 0300 to 0400 UTC on 15215 KHz to South America
4) from 2200 to 2300 UTC on 9355 KHz to Europe

(from RTI website)>>

So I am confused as to whether 0200 to 0300 on 9680 to North America is going
off or remaining.   I guess we'll find out next month.

Saul Broudy
Philadelphia, PA   USA
<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for simple solutions to your real-life
financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and
information, tips and calculators.<BR>
(http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=emlcntuswall00000001)</HTML>