Re: [Swprograms] RNW to end shortwave usage to North America as of the B-08 schedule change

Re: [Swprograms] RNW to end shortwave usage to North America as of the B-08 schedule change

Now I know shortwave is dead.  The one international broadcaster who argued most vehemently for keeping shortwave an option for all.  A very sad announcement indeed, because I am generally not a podcast or online listener, believing still in the medium of over-the-air radio (and not necessarily just in the broadcastable nature of spoken word programming, which I do believe in as well).  It puts on its head the nature of who is "privileged" in the world - I almost now want to consider the "privileged" to be the Indonesian, Pacific Islander, Andean highlander, or African resident who can still rely on "radio" as radio.

Kevin Anderson