Re: [Swprograms] RNW to end shortwave usage to North America as of the B-08 schedule change

Re: [Swprograms] RNW to end shortwave usage to North America as of the B-08 schedule change

Tis a sad day indeed.  I remember in 1960 I had a shortwave converter in my 1959 Volvo P544 feeding the stock MW radio as I rowed (stick shift you know) the bumper-to-bumper freeways of Los Ageles between LAX and Palos Verdes every evening.  RNW via Bonaire was the only signal that climbed over the ignition noise from those unsuppressed spark plugs.  (My German mechanic advised against suppressors - maybe I should have checked with a Swede.)  With fondness, RIP RNW.

Joe Buch