Re: [Swprograms] Does the BBC World Service fail Britain?

Re: [Swprograms] Does the BBC World Service fail Britain?

When I purchased my first short wave radio in the mid 1970's I did so
precisely because I wanted to hear what was going on in the UK.

At that point the vast majority of International Broadcasters were
targeting their audiences with information on their countries so that
people living abroad could get a sense of the country and I suspect they
also were targeting expats who wanted news of home.

As we all know the money crunchers at the BEEB have decided that this is
not what the world needs and in fairness given ease of access to Radio 4
via the internet it isn't too hard to fill in the gap.  However, I do
miss the old BBCWS and have happy memories of listening to it.

SF

Mr. Sandy Finlayson
Director of Library Services &
Professor of Theological Bibliography
Westminster Theological Seminary
Philadelphia, PA

'Nothing makes a man more reverent than a library'
Sir Winston Churchill