[Swprograms] sorta OT: "Bryant Park Project": So long, we hardly knew you...

[Swprograms] sorta OT: "Bryant Park Project": So long, we hardly knew you...

While NPR is a bit outside the realm of international broadcasting,
some developments there may interest folks here, since much NPR news /
current affairs programming has its stylistic roots in shortwave
broadcasting.

NPR is ending its alternative, youth-oriented morning current affairs
program, "The Bryant Park Project", as of July 25th.

Very few stations other than HD sub-channels picked up the program;
the John Hockenberry-hosted PRI/WNYC program "The Takeaway" has seen
greater traction than "The Bryant Park Project," even though some
think that "The Takeaway" isn't exactly great radio.

Richard

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com