From: Public Radio International <esource@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, May 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Subject: A Groundbreaking News Program
To: rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx

A Groundbreaking News Program

PRI is three weeks into the launch of our news show, "The Takeaway,"
and we've already gotten lots of positive feedback from many of you,
our listeners. The resounding message is that this show marks a new
era in media, where news is delivered in a way that's relevant to you.

"The Takeaway" sounds the way people really communicate with each
other: conversational, unscripted, sometimes opinionated. If you
haven't had a chance to listen, you can do so now, online at
thetakeaway.org.

Unprecedented partnerships make "The Takeway" possible. PRI and WNYC
co-produce the show in editorial collaboration with the BBC, New York
Times Radio and WGBH/Boston. These respected, established and
innovative media organizations joined forces to bring you a fresh,
live and authentic news format that was sorely missing in media.

Our partnership with Liberty Mutual, the exclusive corporate broadcast
sponsor of "The Takeaway" as part of its Responsibility Project, is
also unprecedented. The Responsibility Project encourages people to
think and talk about what personal responsibility means in today's
culture. "The Takeaway" and The Responsibility Project are catalysts
that spark conversation about topics that are important to the public.
Find out more at responsibilityproject.com.

Continued encouragement and support from listeners like you help us
make groundbreaking public media possible. We hope that you will tune
in to "The Takeaway" on-air, and interact with it online. We welcome
your response to the show at pri.org.

PRI. Hear a different voice.
www.pri.org

________________________________

> Listen to "The Takeaway" and other PRI shows on www.pri.org.
> PRI on Facebook -- become a PRI Fan now!
> Watch exclusive videos from our shows -- visit the PRI YouTube channel.

Public Radio International
100 North Sixth Street, Suite 900A
Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55403
U.S.A.

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com