Re: [Swprograms] 20% of people listen to online radio at work...says Arbitron/Edison

Re: [Swprograms] 20% of people listen to online radio at work...says Arbitron/Edison

I have always wondered why, when most SW broadcasters targeted North America, they selected to
beam here in what the TV folks call "prime time" when the competition from network TV, dinner, and
family obligations was greatest.  I often found it more convenient to listen to programs from
Moscow that were beamed to Western Europe for example.

That problem is sort of moot now as very few bother to target NA any longer. In 25 minutes at 1800
UT I plan to tune in RAE Argentina on my Compaq laptop receiver with 15 inch color display.
Antenna is a phone line using a DSL-lite preamp. 8^)

Joe Buch