Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: Re: Grace Digital wifi radio $159 at Best Buy (USA)

Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: Re: Grace Digital wifi radio $159 at Best Buy (USA)

Another media mention that's perhaps 10 days old:

http://www.rbr.com/media-news/intel_briefs/wifi-radios.html

Noteworthy is the announcement of a summertime planned upgrade that
will allow the Grace unit to stream audio from some of the
subscription or registration-based services out there (Sirius,
Live365, Pandora) -- something mentioned in January at the Reciva
website.

As Mark Phillips pointed out at the SWL Fest, a key point (and
possible weakness) to note is that all of these rely on a third-part
database to streamline navigation of 11,000+ streams (stations).  What
if that third party goes under?  Are all of us users up the creek?

I already have a music share established on my home audio network...I
will be exploring if I can add radio station URLs to my own home
network's audio configuration...so that I don't have to rely on Reciva
for presets beyond the 5 that I can hard-program on the unit itself.

Richard