Re: [Swprograms] Radio Netherlands Historical Audio Archive including Eddy Startz mp3's

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Netherlands Historical Audio Archive including Eddy Startz mp3's

I sent this message to my colleague Martien, and this
is what he says:

In the process of digitizing the tapes we are planning
at this time to put more material online as a kind of
extra broadcast. Most tapes of Happy Station are part
of the regular archive and on the way to being heard
again. Around the World in 20 days will have more
episodes soon, but because those episodes are only the
editing tapes they contain no music. Probably Eddy
slotted the music in his text. That way programmes
like A Listeners' Salute (1959?) will be much more
interesting to listen to: people sent their own tapes
and added the music of their country. The tapes are
already digitised but the administration process is
not finished yet.

I am very pleased that Jonathan's material is also
noticed. Hopefully Jonathan's first DX-show (when it
was still called DX Jukebox) will be online in a few
weeks time. (already done see below)

For DX-ers who can understand Bahasa Indonesia the
blog contains a lot of material of 1997-1999 from
Dx-Komunikasi. It is a very interesting period because
the radio stations in Indonesia became more free and
Asbari Krishna followed this process. If people want
to hear MP3-files of those entries I'm happy to please
them, hopefully in return for a short description of
the programme in English :-)

Martien Sleutjes
Radio Netherlands Worldwide

(Andy Sennitt, DX Listening Digest Yahoo group)

First DX Juke Box already online, acc. to msg rcvd
from Martien Sleutjes.

"B471945 DX Juke Box : [main item:]
Sovjet Union & Radio Afghanistan / 1980-08-14" is
waiting for your
approval
http://blogs.rnw.nl/haa/b471945-dx-juke-box-main-item-sovjet-union-radio-afghanistan-1980-08-14
(Horacio Nigro. ibid)

Indeed it is. I remember Martien asking me about that
some months ago, but I didn't realise it was already
accessible outside the RNW building :-) Well worth a
30 Mb download. Includes the voices of the late Pete
Myers, a hugely popular figure at RNW in the 1980's,
and the late Richard Ginbey who was tragically killed
in a car crash.

(Andy Sennitt, ibid)