[Swprograms] RCI correxion and update

** CANADA. Re DXLD 8-021: And now I must say that it appears to be no good idea
to send e-mail in a hurry while I'm about to leave (for a really late lunch
after getting hungry), producing an embarrassing mistake: The CIRAF target of
the shortwave relays of RCI plus is not 4 but instead either 7 (in its
entirety) [central USA] or 7 northeast plus 8 north [i.e. NE quadrant of USA].
The latter is the same as given for DRM on 9800, by the way. But still: What's
the real target, and how many listeners tune in at which places (both for RCI
plus and the 9800 DRM)?

Meanwhile I went by way of machine translation through the FNC-CSN
release about Wojtek Gwiazda being suspended from work for three days:
This discipline is in particular related to his activities in regard of a
parliamentary committee, as explained at
http://www.geocities.com/rciaction/RCIHeritageCttee20071127Mandate.html
And, especially important: His superiors threatened with more serious
punishment if he continues these activities. Must have been a really
unpleasant meeting I fear (Kai Ludwig, Germany, Feb 17, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hello Glenn, Well, how to put it --- As you've already learned, last
week I was suspended without pay for three days, for raising questions about
RCI?s mandate with members of the House of Commons Canadian Heritage Committee
on behalf of the RCI Action Committee. And I was warned by RCI that I could
face more serious penalties if I continue to ask questions.

On Valentine?s Day (the day after the three-day suspension) Alex Levasseur, the
president of the union that represents most of us at RCI?s headquarters in
Montreal, called a press conference and condemned the suspension, and what he
called an attempt to "muzzle" our union from speaking out about how the
international mandate of RCI has been changed.

As you can imagine there will be more coming out over this attempt to block our
inter-union committee from getting answers about changes at RCI. In the
meantime, I?ve posted the English version of the press release put out by our
union (Syndicat des communications de Radio-Canada) on the RCI Action Committee
website at:
http://www.geocities.com/rciaction/SuspensionRadioCanadaInternational2008.html
(The original French version is on our site as well.)

I will keep you up-to-date on developments as much as I can. Given the delicate
situation I find myself in, that may not always be easy.
Take care, (Wojtek Gwiazda, RCI Action Committee - Comité d'action de RCI
http://www.geocities.com/rciaction rciaction @ yahoo.ca Feb 17, DX LISTENING DIGEST)