Re: [Swprograms] OT: International bbc.com to have advertising

Re: [Swprograms] OT: International bbc.com to have advertising

Except for some news programs in the morning, I watched little BBC
America when I had it via satellite subscription.  Seemed like non-news
programs were pretty limited to do-it-yourself home remodeling,
redecorating, and similar rubbish as our British cousins would say.

In my opinion BBC America is not worth the dollar a month or so they
charge the cable/satellite companies per customer.  It is a good
example of why we need ala carte programming options like DISH had back
when they first started up.

I am tired of subsidizing programmers of channels I do not watch.
Giving the new kids on the block a chance to be viewed by the masses is
the usual argument the industry puts forth when mandated ala carte is
discussed in the Congress.  So why does Comcast put the new FOX
Business channel on their digital tier while competitor CNBC enjoys an
analog channel available to all expanded basic service customers?

Joe