From: Mike Barraclough <mikewb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 27, 2007 11:11 AM
Subject: [uk-radio-listeners] Life on Air: BBC Radio 4's Milestones
To: uk-radio-listeners@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blogged today:

I am an avid Radio Four fan. If I don't start my day listening to
Today then, quite frankly, I feel that something is amiss. And weekend
mornings without Saturday Live with Fi Glover and their resident poet,
or the Archers omnibus edition on a Sunday, makes for the perfect
soundtrack to eat breakfast to. This month the station celebrates its
40th birthday, and to celebrate we are publishing Life on Air: A
History of Radio Four by David Hendy, Reader in Media and
Communication at the University of Westminster, and former producer of
current affairs programmes on Radio Four. Here, he takes a brief look
at what he regards the milestone moments in the station's history.

Full blog at:
http://blog.oup.com/2007/09/radio_four/

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:uk-radio-listeners-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    mailto:uk-radio-listeners-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

--
Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

International broadcasting / shortwave blog:
http://www.intlradio.blogspot.com