[Swprograms] WiFi et al

...of course, all this talk of WiFi is mainly the province of you
city-based "decision makers" as opposed to us serfs and villeins
grubbing in the fields and middens of the countryside.

No cable where I live. No DSL. No WiMax. No WiFi. Cellular works about
40% of the time. This despite the fact that the landscape is littered
with 3000' mountains that could cover vast tracts of land with good
signals. No dialup above about 8kbits/s due to phone lines that were
only put in to carry the results of the Truman-Dewey run-off.

If it wasn't for the fact that I can use (traffic-limited) VSAT net
access I'd find shortwave radio the *only* way of listening to foreign
stations. Just like the average third world inhabitant.

And this is in 21st century New England...

Lee