[Swprograms] A Small Whoopy

I just cleared with W9ISF, a special event station in Indy and my very first Amateur Radio contact. He had no trouble understanding me, and gave me a 5 by 7. Not too bad for an antique vertical antenna and no amplifier. Yes, the radio and laptop worked together rather disgustingly well.  By sheer chance, the VOX circuit came already set up so that my Xpress-It voice is one of very few sounds strong enough to key up the radio.

Richard B., I guess this gives Dell another little achievement to brag on. Other computers may have transmitted before, but mine has to be the first to talk over shortwave.

Oh, and Mom, I dare you to spot this antenna from the street. J I’ll even tell you where to look. Even I can’t see it.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.