Re: [Swprograms] Shortwave Music (Audio Blog)

Re: [Swprograms] Shortwave Music (Audio Blog)

Good to hear from you, Chet - Myke Weiskopf has joined us off & on for
the past several years at the Kulpsville Winter SWL Fest.  For the
past, oh, four or five years, David Gored and Myke have produced a
very enjoyable session called the "Listening Lounge" that deals with
interesting radio from a variety of sources, much of them shortwave.

I'm with you regarding the mix of listening -- I actually find iTunes
handier for my use than Juice since I can program iTunes to only check
for new podcasts and not automatically download them.  Saves on disk
space since I vary my listening quite a bit.  What I then do is move
the MP3 files to an MP3 player for my 90-minute round trip daily
commute, or listen to them while I work around the house.

If you have extra $$ to spend, you might find the software "Replay
A/V" helpful.  Allows you to capture live or on-demand recordings in
various formats and convert them to MP3s without tying up your sound
card.  See http://www.applian.com/replay-av/index.php.  Yes, it's
pricey, and there are freeware programs that do the same thing (but in
several steps), but it is very handy.

Richard