Re: [Swprograms] CBC Vancouver

> For those of you who have been to this studio / office location, prepare to
> be surprised at how much it has changed in the past few months.  They are
> developing the former plaza into another building
>
> current progress webcam:   http://www.cbc.ca/bc/redevelopment/webcam.html
>
> for a look at how it used to look in an "IPIX" view:
> http://www.cbc.ca/studios/media/ipics_home.html
>
> ef
> working across the street

	At night, or in the rain, web camera might
	be a little blurred.

	And the condo towers on the same lot but
	next door on the webcam page
	http://www.cbc.ca/bc/redevelopment/
	right rail.  "TV Towers" is their selling
	name.  You too can live in less than 100 sq metres.
	on a riotous street.  http://www.tvtowers.ca/
	[618 sq ft = 57 sq m. Maybe 24 feet square?]

	In French the web cam is at:
	http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/colombie-britannique/Dossiers/reame-webcam.shtml
	and the explanation for the commotion on
	a dying studio building is at:
	http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/colombie-britannique/Dossiers/reamenagement.shtml

...and that's not all.
	See inside!

	The over-cutesy contract blog for English radio
	by their idiot tech maven has:

   Linkname: An insider's view of CBC Radio Vancouver: All this
	week > How Shows Work ? Inside the CBC
       Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 02:28:56 GMT
       size: 276 lines

  All this week on Inside the CBC, you'll get an insiders' view of three
   of the most interesting rooms at CBC Vancouver:

   [video_r3.jpg] Tuesday: [189]CBC Radio 3
   CBC Radio three operates on the Sirius satellite network and through
   its nationally recognized podcast. You'll get a look inside their
   workspace and the [190]Alexis Mazurin studio, and meet the people who
   put Radio 3 on the air.
   [video_s3.jpg] Wednesday: Studio 3: Drama and Foley
   I think Studio 3 is the most interesting studio in the Vancouver
   broadcast centre: It's where radio dramas are recorded, and include
   all the fun sound effect machines (like the door of a thousand
   doors!).
   [video_master.jpg] Thursday: Radio Master Control
   This is where it all gets put together: in Master Control. You'll
   learn what it takes to get a radio network on the air, and what
   happens if I yank out the two cables plugged into the main patch-bay.
   So, as they say, stay tuned!

	The Gotterdamerung of the CBC..... (whimper)