[Swprograms] More Fessenden Shows

I see that BBC Radio 3 will be running this during the first intermission in
the Metropolitan Opera broadcast of Don Carlo today Dec 23, time approx.! And
opera not scheduled to resume until 20:10, which according to my calculations
amounts to thirty minutes (but no doubt with misc. other stuff thrown in at
least in New York):

``19:40   Twenty Minutes
Let Distant Lands Converse

On Christmas Eve 1906, Reginald Aubrey Fessenden transmitted the first planned
radio programme. Sean Street investigates the story of the broadcast from Brant
Rock, Massachusetts, which consisted of a speech, a gramophone record and a
live violin solo.

He reveals the impact this had on listeners, some of whom thought the human
voice they heard was a ghost, and the cultural significance of this major
technological advance.``

This should also be ondemand for a week on the BBC Radio 3 player, under the
``Twenty Minutes`` title.

I was also looking at http://www.fessenden.ca for some webcast times of
``Fessenden`s Follies``, and these look possible, in UT:

Sat Dec 23 2300 CFXU
Sun Dec 24 1700 CFFF
Sun Dec 24 1800 CKUT
Sun Dec 24 1900 CJSW
Mon Dec 25 0400 CJTR
Mon Dec 25 0700 CFRO

I have not confirmed all these stations are actually webcasting; already had to
throw one out that had been asterisked as doing so. 73, Glenn Hauser