Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] RCI`s drastic schedule changes

Depending on where you're headed, you'd be surprised at how rapidly --
in urban and suburban environments -- public spaces will become WiFi
mesh networks.  Beaches might take a bit longer, however.

Moreover, many environments that currently require paid access for
WiFi will likely become free in the next couple of years as businesses
and communities recognize that providing free WiFi access is simply
the cost of doing business or providing a public service.

In this environment, the concept of a "kerbango" sub-$200, highly
portable gizmo capable of receiving Internet-delivered audio becomes a
more interesting concept.

My IT colleague here at work demonstrated a WiFi Skype phone to me
today.  $250.  About the size of a pack of cigarettes.  One could take
the same basic technology -- perhaps even less robust -- and create a
gizmo capable of receiving web audio.

True story:  Over this past Thanksgiving weekend, my family and I
(wife plus two daughters aged 9 & 14) visited my sister-in-law's
family (wife, husband, two sons home from college).

In the family room Thanksgiving evening we had FIVE laptop PCs
simultaneously in use -- my daughter, the two college students, my
brother-in-law, and me.  All had WiFi capabilities.

It's simply the way people spend much of their free time nowadays...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA