[Swprograms] RCI major changes without notice

[Swprograms] RCI major changes without notice

** CANADA. What in the world is going on at RCI? Major changes apparently
effective Monday morning Nov 27; it`s hard to believe they were unintentional.

The 14-17 UT broadcast consisting of The Link 1 & 2, then Sounds like Canada
from CBC, had been on 9515, 13655 and 17820.

But now I found RCI on only one frequency, 9610, sounding like what was on
9515, undermodulated, at 1508 with RCI news, 1510 starting The Link. Quickly
scanned the 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 21 MHz bands and did not find any //
frequency.

I was hoping for a new frequency announcement around 1600 but instead Jim
Craig`s This Day in History Feature just kept running past hourtop ? since the
news earlier ran later than usual, the whole block may have started late.
Closed The Link at 1603 plugging its next hour, so this was I, rather than the
usual II during the 15 UT hour.

But then at 1604 abruptly changed to Russian, with RCI+ ID for Sirius and into
news in Russian, still in Russian at 1621. This is on the schedule for RCI Plus
at 1000 EST, http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/PDF/B06_RCI_Plus.pdf
and no changes have been made in the accompanying RCI B-06 schedules still
showing 9515, 13655 and 17820 at 14-17 UT.

Has RCI dumped its usual morning programming and just plugged the RCI+ feed
into one Sackville transmitter rather than three, on a new announced frequency,
without bothering to tell anyone what it is doing? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)