[Swprograms] RCI frequency strip-tease and more program changes

[Swprograms] RCI frequency strip-tease and more program changes

As usual, the French service of RCI has unveiled its B06 frequencies far
ahead of the new season schedule change -- something actually useful for
listeners.
I call it a "strip-tease" though because the French mailbag program only
revealed this week their new frequencies for Africa and Europe;
listeners are encouraged to tune in next week for frequencies to Asia
and the Americas.
So here is Part One of the RCI French Service Frequency Strip-Tease

Valid Oct. 29, 2006 to March 25, 2007
As transcribed from "Courrier mondial"

Sub-Saharan Africa at 1900 UTC
9670 via Germany
9770 via China
11845 via Germany
13650 via Sackville
15365 via Sackville
17740 via Sackville

Europe at 2000 UTC
5850 via Horby
11865 via Sackville

North Africa at 2100 UTC
7235 via UK
9805 via Austria
11845 via Sackville

Mo-Fr -- New daily news magazine
Sa -- Weekly news review
Su -- French mailbag program

As you can tell from the above, the French service is also reorganizing
its programming. I could not tell from the conversation between program
host Stephane Parent and RCI's Bill Westenhaver if they were eliminating
RCI's targeted programming to Africa and Europe.
The lengthening of the French mailbag program will start next week and
it will be aired Saturday and repeated Sunday until the B06 season
begins, exactly as the English service has been doing for a few weeks.
After that, it will return to its weekly Sunday airing.

73,
Ricky Leong
Calgary
--
Damn my small stature!
If I were big, oh just think where I would be.