[Swprograms] Changes at RCI?

I haven't seen mention of this elsewhere.  Apparently there's quite an
overhaul forthcoming at RCI that affects programming produced for the
non-North American audience.  All of the weekly feature programs, for
example Spotlight, Business Sense, and Media Zone, aired their last
editions this past week, as did the regionally-targeted editions of
Canada Today.

For the month of October weekday programming will consist of a special
one-hour edition of Canada Today, and weekend programming will be a
one-hour version of Maple Leaf Mailbag.

I don't believe this will tremendously affect what we hear in North
America, as that programming is quite often the domestic CBC
programming, which isn't affected by the shakefup.

The new programming -- whatever it's called -- will begin October 29th.

The final editions of all the current programming are currently
availble on-demand; no idea how long they'll be available.  If you
enjoy listening to farewells, there are plenty there -- at least this
time around, staff had advance notice that these programs would be
their last ones

If I find out more I'll post it here.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA