[Swprograms] Radio Netherlands commentary: "The Right Choice: International broadcasters must engage audience feedback"

[Swprograms] Radio Netherlands commentary: "The Right Choice: International broadcasters must engage audience feedback"

See http://www.radionetherlands.nl/features/media/bbc060928

Thoughtful piece from Andy Sennitt.

I would add one thought:  In lieu of direct audience surveys and
panels, which can be expensive, we should attempt to engage our
favorite broadcasters in dialogue regarding their programming.

It can get frustrating when comments or requests for information get
ignored, but one can't control what a broadcaster *does* with a
listener comment or inquiry.

Hopefully, taking the time to say *something* at least allows the
broadcaster to count "hits" -- the number of listeners who actually
take the time to get in touch.

In these days when shortwave usage is on the wane in North America, we
owe it to broadcasters to remind them *why* shortwave remains an
important delivery method -- the convenice it offers, the lack of cost
to the listener, or whatever reasons make sense for you.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA