[Swprograms] BBCWS' Americas service via the web

[Swprograms] BBCWS' Americas service via the web

If your BBCWS listening scheulde favors the Americas service, and
you'd rather listen live than on demand, Kevin Kelly suggests checking
out some Caribbean public radio stations that offer webcasts.

These are generally overnight and weekend webcasts, and they aren't
always 100% reliable (we can say the same about shortwave), but you
might want to check a few of these out.

Start here -- http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/station.pl?stationid=1650
-- and prioritize your search by the number of program listings, since
most of those are for BBC programs.

Another BBC WS relayer worth checking out is Norway's national
all-news service,
http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/station.pl?stationid=3370; the
high-bandwidth MP3 stream was down when I checked, but others were
available.  This is the European service, not the Americas service,
but may be worth checking out.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA