[Swprograms] WBCQ On All Night Again

Don't think that this has been already discussed:

WBCQ remained on the air all night again the night of Saturday to
Sunday, 8/13/06 UT, on 7415 kHz. Beginning with the Tom & Darryl
show scheduled at 0400-0500 UT, instead of switching to the new
"Shortwave Overnight" music & free-speech program, it stayed
with Tom & Darryl basically indefinitely. I was listening and
falling asleep and awakening periodically during this period,
and heard the Tom & Darryl people mention about 4 AM my
time (Central -- 0900 UT) that they realized that the SW
relay was still on and that they'd stay up as long as it did.

I'm not sure when T&D itself actually ended; I had some
brief periods of wakefulness during the subsequent hours
and heard some other programming (was this whatever was
on the W0KIE satellite feed?) and finally heard some old
"Lone Ranger" radio programming that was terminated in
progress when the 7415 transmitter was finally shut off at
1258 UT.

What I found quite interesting was that the reception *improved*
overnight. I'm currently listening without external antennas
(need to wait until the weather gets cooler before I can
work outside to replace the ones brought down by the
storm here in mid-July), and the signal on the Grundig 800
got stronger and clearer the later it lasted. The early-morning
signal at the time of cut-off was excellent. Allan Weiner
should use this info to convince James Lloyd to buy a
couple more hours daily for "Christian Media Network" to
access the nationwide morning audience he currently seems
to ignore. Or the BBC should buy some time -- it'd certainly
be cheaper than any other relay site they currently use!

73, Will