[Swprograms] Voice of Russia 1000 Years of Music July 27, Our Homeland July 17

[Swprograms] Voice of Russia 1000 Years of Music July 27, Our Homeland July 17

RUSSIA. Voice of Russia What's New
http://www.vor.ru/English/Exclusives/what_new.html

RUSSIA: 1000 YEARS OF MUSIC (On the air as of July 27th). In the framework of our Russia:
1000 Years of Music multi-series we welcome you to the vast universe of Rimsky-Korsakov's
music, a certain unreal world of inexhaustible imagination? In the upcoming edition we
will present the opera Tale of Tsar Sultan, a fairy-tale opera based on the poem by
Alexander Pushkin by the same name. Please tune in to RUSSIA: 1000 YEARS OF MUSIC feature
on Thursday at 16.30 and 18.30 UTC and Friday 03.30 UTC.

OUR HOMELAND (On the air as of July 17th). After the removal of Nikita Khrushchev from
the post of First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in October 1964,
his post was taken over by Leonid Brezhnev. Elected as a compromise figure, Brezhnev
didn't seem like a very powerful or authoritative leader. Nonetheless, he turned out
extremely tenacious and held his high post for the staggering 18 years! In the upcoming
several programs we shall be telling you what life in this country was like while Leonid
Brezhnev was in power. Please tune in to OUR HOMELAND weekly feature on Monday at 03.30,
08.30 and 19.30, Tuesday 15.30, Wednesday 04.30, 07.30 and 17.30, Thursday 02.30, 05.30,
Friday 07.30, 14.30 and 19.30, Sunday 01.30 and 19.30 UTC.